Migraines headache is severe, recurring, and throbbing headache episodes. Usually They will start with sensory warning signs and different symptoms. In chronic stage, the pain will last for hours or even for few days also.
According to the American migraine Association, they have an effect on thirty-six million Americans, or just about 12 %of the population. The patients are commonly aged fifteen to fifty-five years.
- An individual must understand the triggers or factors that cause the headache such as allergies, light, stress etc.
- Sometimes, there may be warning symptoms also ,just before migraine attack.
- Recognizing the warning symptoms and acting upon on time can prevent the attack.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medications will eliminate the pain.
- Chronic migraine refers to the migraine which persists over fifteen days of the month.
Symptoms of migraine may begin a long time before/ instantly before/ throughout / or after the headache attack.
Though not all migraines are the identical, typical symptoms include:
• Moderate to severe pain, typically to one side of the head.
• Throbbing, or pulsing pain.
• Increasing pain throughout physical activity or once straining.
• Inability to perform regular activities.
• Feeling sick and vomiting.
• More sensitivity to light and sound
Some individuals experience different symptoms like sweating, body temperature changes, abdomen pain, and diarrhea.
The reason for migraines isn’t nevertheless identified.
It is suspected that they result from abnormal activity within the brain. this could have an effect on the nerves, chemicals and blood vessels within the brain. Genetic reason also plays vital role.
However, the below triggers are common.
Ladies might feel migraine symptoms throughout menses, because of ever-changing endocrine levels.
Stress, depression, anxiety, excitement, deep sorrows and shock can also trigger.
Read also : Loneliness result in depression
Fatigue and less sleep, shoulder or neck tension, poor posture and also low blood can also act as triggers.
Read also : Long time sitting also a Disease
Triggers from the diet:
Alcohol and caffeine are contributing major role in triggering migraines. Some specific foods may also have this result, as well as chocolate, cheese, citrus fruits and foods containing the additive amino-alkanoic acid.
Irregular mealtimes and dehydration have conjointly been known as potential triggers.
Some sleeping pills, endocrine replacement therapy (HRT) medications, so the combined oral contraceptive has all been known as doable triggers.
Triggers from environment:
Stuffy rooms, flickering screens, heavy unwanted smells, Passive cigarette smoking and also loud noises will induce migraine.
Presently, there is no proper curable treatment for migraines. Most of the treating methods are aimed to control the symptoms and to avoid the triggers.
Lifestyle Modifications can help to stay away from migraine,
• Obtaining enough sleep daily.
• Reducing stress by relaxation methods.
• Drinking enough water to be hydrated always.
• Avoiding junk foods and cola.
• Regular workout and physical activities.
• Sometimes, Gluten free diet also helpful.
Read also : Relaxation techniques for migraine
The goals of preventive therapies are to reduce the frequency, pain level, length of migraine headache and also increase the effectiveness of different therapies.
There are many medications and supplements, including:
• Coenzyme Q10
• Flavoring extracts
• Metallic element turn
• Vitamin B-12 supplements
• Vitamin B2
Migraines are usually managed through a course of medications along with painkillers.Painkillers ought to be taken early within the progress of a migraine, instead of permitting the headache to develop.
Over-the-counter (OTC) medications effective for treating migraines include:
• Isobutyl phenyl propionic acid.
If OTC drugs are not useful, the physician may prescribe,
- Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
In chronic and sever stages, A doctor might administer an injection of neurotoxin, or Botox, to the extra-cranial sensory branches of the nervus trigeminus and cervical spinal nerves. These are a bunch of nerves within the face and neck joined to the migraine reactions.
This may reduce the severity of attack.
For those who don’t respond to the preliminary treatment methods, the surgical decompression of those nerves may be useful to control the attacks
Understand the facts of normal headache and migraine. Always prevention is better than cure, so know and apply the measures then and there to avoid triggers.
Live a healthier day always.